Our Environmental Vision is to be an industry leader in managing environmental impacts with a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in delivering major infrastructure projects.
To achieve this Environmental Vision, Rail Projects Victoria is committed to:
- Ensuring environmental management is a core value of our organisation;
- Promoting a culture of exceptional environmental management, collaboration and continuous improvement, empowering our people to embrace a positive environmental management culture to encourage enhanced environmental performance;
- Ensuring all our delivery partners meet or exceed our environmental management requirements and integrate best practice into their activities;
- Establishing a framework for setting objectives and targets across all environmental aspects of the Authority's work;
- Providing staff with information, training and support to meet environmental challenges; and
- Encouraging innovation and taking advantage of available opportunities to manage environmental risks and impacts.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- Establish and implement practices to fulfil environmental compliance requirements, including all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, objectives and targets;
- Implement departmental and Rail Projects Victoria environmental plans, objectives and targets;
- Endeavour to protect and conserve the local and regional environment; and
- Effectively manage the environmental impacts including social impacts, waste, water and energy use.