Through our delivery of major projects we’re committed to connecting communities in the healthiest, most sustainable way possible.
We’ll help to ensure a lasting legacy for present and future generations for a more liveable Victoria - environmentally, socially and economically.
To achieve this Sustainability Vision, Rail Projects Victoria is committed to:
- Optimising the Projects’ design to ensure it is delivered to operate sustainably
- Managing resources efficiently through embedding energy, water and material saving initiatives into the design, construction and operation of the Projects
- Avoiding, minimising and offsetting harm to the environment and the loss of biodiversity
- Protecting and conserving the natural environment, and
- Preparing for the challenges presented by climate change.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- Demonstrate leadership in the commitment to a prosperous and integrated economic, social and environmental sustainable future
- Demonstrate commitment to sustainable procurement
- Protect and maintain vegetation, the functioning of ecosystems and biological diversity
- Facilitate economic prosperity and development and provide a resilient local workforce
- Support and enhance social, cultural and community wellbeing
- Encourage the pioneering of innovation in sustainable design, process or advocacy that seeks continuous improvement to promote new ideas and thinking
- Embed environmental and sustainability outcomes by establishing robust sustainability objectives and targets, and
- Report on sustainability performance and be accountable for meeting environmental and social responsibilities.
RPV’s Sustainability Annual Report 2017-18 celebrates some of the stories behind our projects in delivery: Metro Tunnel Project and Ballarat Line Upgrade.
This year’s themes are: promoting innovation, reducing our impact, supporting strong communities and building a resilient workforce. These themes showcase the breadth of sustainability initiatives that Rail Projects Victoria and our delivery partners have implemented to respond to the unique opportunities and challenges of our projects.