Industry Based Learning Program
The IBL Learning Series is designed to develop students’ ability to successfully deliver on the project’s objectives and build important knowledge and skills required for effective performance and a successful career.
- Eager to learn
- Ready to take the first step in your career
- Interested in Major Rail Infrastructure or Public Transport
- Complete at least 50% of your relevant degree
- Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or have valid working rights.
- Must be able to work full time for six months.
- Civil Engineering
- Human Resources
- Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering
- Strategic Communications
There are two intakes per year: January and July.
March: Applications open (advertised on university career pages)
April: Interviews, reference checks and police checks are conducted
May: Successful students receive formal offers
July: Placement begins
October: Applications open (advertised on university career pages)
November: Interviews, reference checks and police checks are conducted
December: Successful students receive formal offers
January: Placement begins
Learning Series Overview
Students are given the opportunity to learn through several different workshops and activities including:
- Site Tours- Find out more about our projects and see what work is currently taking place.
- Mentoring Program- Be mentored by an experienced Rail Projects Victoria employee to gain critical knowledge of the transport industry.
- Performance Under Pressure Workshop- Focuses on preparing high performing individuals to flourish in times where they are required to perform, regardless of the immediate and/or long-term pressures they can face.
- Mental Health First Aid Training- Focuses on empowering individuals with the first aid skills to support colleagues, friends or family with mental health problems.
- Taking the next step in your career session- Career development focusing on preparing you for your next role.
Along with these sessions, students are also encouraged to attend other workshops and activities where possible.
If you would like any further information about the recruitment process, please email email@example.com